KARACHI: Police said on Tuesday that they had caught the “mastermind” and “facilitator” of a suicide attack outside the Confucius Institute at Karachi University that killed three Chinese nationals.
According to police, the suspect is the Karachi commander of the BLA and BLF.
The police brought the suspect, Dad Buksh, before an anti-terror court, requesting physical remand until July 16.
According to police, The suspect is the Katachi commander of the banned outfits Balochistan Liberation Army (BLA) and Balochistan Liberation Front (BLF), and he planned the April 26 attack on Chinese teachers at Karachi University.
According to police, He used to facilitate attacks on Chinese nationals in Karachi and was immediately arrested the day before in a city raid by the Counter-Terrorism Department.
The arrested suspect is considered a significant arrest because security agencies believe his arrest will disrupt the organization’s network.
The suspect is suspected of being involved in the April 26 suicide bombing at Karachi University. Shari Baloch, a female suicide bomber, was later identified as the perpetrator of the attack.
The suspect is suspected of being involved in the suicide bombing at Karachi University on April 26.
Shari Baloch, a female suicide bomber, was later identified as the attacker.
Three Chinese tutors and a Pakistani driver were killed, and three others, including a Chinese tutor and Rangers personnel, were injured.
The KU’s Chinese language centre was closed as a result of the attack. Pakistani authorities have worked tirelessly to capture those responsible for the attack.
‘Foreign hand behind Karachi University attack’
- Sindh Information Minister Sharjeel Memon praised law enforcement for arresting the “mastermind” and “facilitator” of the suicide attack on Chinese tutors at Karachi University.
- He claimed that banned BLF sleeper cell commander Dad Buksh alias Shoab alias Jahanzaib alias Mirza was caught by the CTD on July 4 during an intelligence-based operation (IBO) on Mauripur Road in Karachi.
- Memon stated that during the initial investigation, the arrested suspect confessed to being involved in a recon of KU and sensitive installations. He claimed that Dad Buksh is an expert in the creation of IEDs.
- According to the suspect, Zaib was the mastermind of the KU suicide attack, and he entered Pakistan from a neighbouring country. He claimed that the attack was carried out by two prohibited organisations.
- “The militants conduct terrorist activities in Pakistan with the assistance of foreign states in order to prevent investment in the country,” he added.
- According to the minister, the terrorists intended to sow discord in Pakistan.
- Speaking at the event, Karachi Administrator Barrister Murtaza Wahab stated that four people were involved in the Karachi University suicide bombing and that they had been identified.
- Colonel Nasruminallah, for his part, stated that the female suicide bomber may have been given drugs prior to the attack. A team of psychologists also watched the videos, he said, adding that the woman’s body language suggested she had been brainwashed.