Taraweeh Dua There are 20 rakats in total in the Taraweeh prayer, with each Rakat consisting of two rakats. Taraweeh prayer is not fardh, compulsory, or wajib (obligatory), but it has been confirmed as sunnah by hadith.
Tahajud, for example, is an optional or Nafal prayer. However, it is considered a Sunnah prayer because it was performed by the Holy Prophet Muhammad PBUH.
Taraweeh is only performed during Ramadan month. The Taraweeh begins the evening of the Ramadan Moon sighting and continues until the Shawwal moon is sighted. Taraweeh is usually offered before Isha prayer but before the witrs of Isha prayer.
Taraweeh Dua in English, Urdu, and Arabic
There is no authentic hadith that reports Taraweeh Dua, but the following Dua is recommended by various Islamic Scholars. You may recite this Dua, but do not consider it obligatory because making something obligatory that is not mentioned in the Quran, hadith, or Sunnah is known as Bid’ah, which is strictly forbidden in Islam.
سُبْحَانَ ذِی الْمُلْکِ وَالْمَلَکُوْتِ ط سُبْحَانَ ذِی الْعِزَّةِ وَالْعَظَمَةِ وَالْهَيْبَةِ وَالْقُدْرَةِ وَالْکِبْرِيَآئِ وَالْجَبَرُوْتِ ط سُبْحَانَ الْمَلِکِ الْحَيِ الَّذِی لَا يَنَامُ وَلَا يَمُوْتُ سُبُّوحٌ قُدُّوْسٌ رَبُّنَا وَرَبُّ الْمَلَائِکَةِ وَالرُّوْحِ ط اَللّٰهُمَّ اَجِرْنَا مِنَ النَّارِ يَا مُجِيْرُ يَا مُجِيْرُ يَا مُجِيْر۔
“Exalted is the possessor of hidden and manifest dominion. The possessor of Might, Greatness, Reverence, Power, Pride, and Majesty is exalted. The Master, the Living, the one who neither sleeps nor dies, is exalted. All-perfection, All-holiness, Our Lord, and Lord of angels and souls. O Allah, save us from the Hellfire. O Giver of Refuge, Giver of Refuge, Giver of Refuge.”
Tarabi ki dua Urdu Translation:
پاک ہے (وہ اﷲ) زمین و آسمان کی بادشاہی والا۔ پاک ہے (وہ اﷲ) عزت و بزرگی، ہیبت و قدرت اور عظمت و رُعب والا۔ پاک ہے بادشاہ (حقیقی، جو) زندہ ہے، سوتا نہیں اور نہ مرے گا۔ بہت ہی پاک (اور) بہت ہی مقدس ہے ہمارا پروردگار اور فرشتوں اور روح کا پروردگار۔ اِلٰہی ہم کو دوزخ سے پناہ دے۔ اے پناہ دینے والے! اے پناہ دینے والے! اے پناہ دینے والے!
How to pray Taraweeh?
Unfortunately, the majority of Muslims do not know how to pray Taraweeh. Some of us are familiar with this prayer but make errors when saying it. Here’s how to pray Taraweeh correctly:
- It is offered as a normal Congregational Prayer with the intention of 2 Rak’ah. You have to follow the Imam as you follow him in other prayers.
- After 4 rak’ah, Taraweeh Dua and salutations are recited.
- Once you have completed 20 Rak’ah, 3 rak’ah of Witr Prayer is offered in congregation.
How many Rakats in Tarawih?
Taraweeh prayer has 20 Rakats of 2 each. Taraweeh Dua and salutations are recited after 4 rak’ah.
Taraweeh Prayer Ruling
- Taraweeh is prayed by Muslims during the Holy month of Ramadan and it is one of the gifts of Ramadan.
- The taraweeh prayer is not fardh or obligatory, but it is Sunnah according to many scholars and sahabas because Holy Prophet Muhammad PBUH used to offer it.
- It is referred to as Qiyaam al-layl, which translates as night prayers.
- The congregational taraweeh prayer is a Sunnah of our Holy Prophet Muhammad PBUH.
- Normally, the taraweeh prayer is prayed in congregation after the isha prayer, but the taraweeh (qiyyam) prayer is prayed after the isha prayer until the fajr prayer.
- The taraweeh prayer consists of 20 rakats, each with two rakats, with a four-rakat break in between.
- The taraweeh prayer is traditionally prayed by following the imam of the mosque in the congregation and intending to pray two rakats.
- After completing 20 rakats in the taraweeh, 3 units of witr are prayed in congregation.
THE IMPORTANCE OF THE TARAWEEH PRAYER
Salah is regarded as the highest form of worship. It’s a good workout, and the taraweeh prayer can help you relax.
Have a blessed Ramadan, and best wishes to our readers and their families.