Prince is told he and Meghan can use Frogmore Cottage if they accept invitation to King’s Coronation

The Duke and Duchess of Sussex have confirmed they have been invited to the King’s Coronation – but have refused to say whether they will be attending.

Ad powered by hntgaming.me

Harry received an email from the Palace about the event on May 6, their spokesman said, despite the stream of brickbats they have thrown at the Royal Family.

It comes after the prince launched yet another salvo, telling controversial physician Dr Gabor Maté that he was starved of hugs and attention during his ‘incredibly painful’ childhood.

In an interview with Dr Maté to promote his memoir, Spare, that was streamed live – and cost viewers £19 a ticket – he also lamented his ‘broken-home upbringing’ and how he felt ‘different’ to the rest of his family.

Ad powered by hntgaming.me

The Mail understands that Harry and Meghan’s former UK home, Frogmore Cottage in Windsor – which the King is said to have taken from them – will be available for them to stay in should they fly to England to attend.

The Duke and Duchess of Sussex, pictured last year, have confirmed they have been invited to the King¿s Coronation

The Duke and Duchess of Sussex, pictured last year, have confirmed they have been invited to the King’s Coronation

Ad powered by hntgaming.me
King Charles pictured yesterday attending the morning service at St Mary Magdalene Church in Sandringham with Reverend Canon Paul Williams

King Charles pictured yesterday attending the morning service at St Mary Magdalene Church in Sandringham with Reverend Canon Paul Williams

Harry’s pregnant cousin, Princess Eugenie, still uses Frogmore when in the UK with her family, and has helped to pack up some of the Sussex’s belongings and ship them to the couple’s US home, sources told the Mail.

Ad powered by hntgaming.me

King Charles is said to have told officials to give the Sussexes notice to quit Frogmore Cottage on January 11, the day after Spare came out.

The Mail revealed in December that Charles would invite his estranged son and daughter-in-law to the Coronation – and the King, who appeared in good spirits as he attended church at Sandringham yesterday, hasn’t changed his mind, sources said. ‘Save the date’ invitations are expected to be sent out within two weeks.

However, relations are still so bad that he and Prince William haven’t spoken to Harry for weeks.

The Sussexes confirmed that their invitation had been sent out via email. In a statement, a spokesman for the couple said Harry had ‘recently received email correspondence from His Majesty’s office regarding the Coronation.’

He added: ‘An immediate decision on whether the Duke and Duchess will attend will not be disclosed by us at this time.’

The Coronation falls on the same day as the fourth birthday of Harry and Meghan’s son Archie, so their attendance is not guaranteed.

Harry has also told friends he is concerned about the reaction he may receive in the UK from his family and the general public. The King was reportedly angered by Harry’s comments in his memoir about Camilla, the Queen Consort, whom he accused of leaking stories about the Royal Family to the media to boost her image.

Harry also claimed Prince William physically ‘attacked’ him in a row about Meghan and described his brother as his ‘arch-nemesis’.

In the latest interview, which took place at Harry’s California mansion, Dr Maté, a Hungarian-Canadian expert on ‘toxic trauma’, observed how Spare revealed a ‘multi-generational lack of touching’ within the Royal Family, noting how when Charles informed Harry of Diana’s death, he ‘walks out and leaves you on your own’, describing the King as an ‘emotionally distant’ father.

Harry also risked stoking his war with William by claiming he was closer to their mother Diana.

Ad powered by hntgaming.me
King Charles is said to have told officials to give the Sussexes notice to quit Frogmore Cottage (pictured) on January 11, the day after Spare came out

Ad powered by hntgaming.me

King Charles is said to have told officials to give the Sussexes notice to quit Frogmore Cottage (pictured) on January 11, the day after Spare came out

The Duke of Sussex, 38, said that with his own children, Archie, three, and Lilibet, one, he was ‘trying to smother them with love’, adding: ‘I feel a huge responsibility not to pass on any trauma or negative experiences that I’ve had as a kid or as a man growing up.’

He claimed he and Meghan were trying to ‘break the pattern’ of divorce and childhood trauma, and said he had encouraged the Royal Family to have therapy so they could ‘speak his language’.

He said: ‘When I was doing therapy… I suddenly realised that I had learned a new language, and the people that I was surrounded by, they didn’t speak that language.

‘So I actually felt more pushed aside… I’m feeling more and more distant from my loved ones.’

Harry, who toured Afghanistan in the Army, told Dr Maté: ‘I was also a fantastic candidate for the military. In the UK we tend to recruit from broken homes – individuals that are ready for it.’

Leave a Comment