UNICEF Tripoli, Libya On-Site
UNICEF works in some of the world’s toughest places, to reach the world’s most disadvantaged children. To save their lives. To defend their rights. To help them fulfill their potential.
Across 190 countries and territories, we work for every child, everywhere, every day, to build a better world for everyone.
And we never give up.
Full-time · Entry level
10,001+ employees · Non-profit Organizations
Click this Apply link
For every child, Chance!
How can you make a difference?
Purpose For The Job
Under the supervision and guidance of the supervisor the Operations, Associate supports the UNICEF Field Office in Benghazi by carrying out a range of operational and program support functions to help develop, implement, and monitor country programs, ensuring effective and timely delivery by UNICEF rules and regulations. Operations Associate works in close collaboration with a range of staff in the Libya Country Office, external partners, and agency counterparts in support of program design and delivery. S/He provides regular feedback on the status of projects through monitoring milestones and advises on improvements to keep activities on track.
Key Function, Accountabilities, And Related Duties/tasks
- Maintains office calendar and arranges meetings
- Facilitates the communications and workflow of the FO to enhance the efficiency and timeliness of operations and outputs.
- Establishes and maintains the office filing and reference systems, both traditional and digital; and ensures the inter/intra-net websites are up to date and accurately takes minutes of meetings, ensuring accuracy, attention to detail, and coherence.
- Supports events/logistics by arranging times through liaising with participants
- Mange Petty cash flow and maintenance
- Prepares and maintains agendas on meetings and events related to the work group commitments.
- Support Travel and logistics for the FO team by providing travel assistance to staff members for travel arrangements and entitlements based on the organization’s rules and policies. Liaises with relevant travel focal points to ensure that the organization obtains the best service and price for all travel as per FO TOA.
- Briefs/de-briefs staff members on issues relating to administrative matters such as visas, security clearance, and documentation procedures.
- Extracts, inputs, maintains, and verifies the correctness of travel records in the organization’s travel system to ensure accurate transactions related to travel costs and staff travel.
- Monitors travel certification and report back to the team.
- Conduct FO level Invoice Processing and responsible for collecting invoices and filing documents for approval, thereafter processing in VISION, uploading electronic files and verifying results to the destination system, responding to client transaction status and other inquiries.
- Supports management of administrative supplies, and office equipment, and updates the inventory of items, monitors and supervises adequate and appropriate use of supplies.
- Arranges for the purchase and timely distribution of office supplies according to FO needs and authority
- Maintains and updates a system that monitors the absence of staff.
- Helping conduct regular spot checks of partner’s projects to assess their financial record-keeping, expenditure controls, and reporting systems.
- Support the emergency operations and all UNICEF programs through monitoring and tracking the efficient distribution of supplies that are required for effective program delivery.
- Preparing monitoring and reporting information for supervisor and team on agreed performance indicators to drive more efficient management and accountability for results.
To qualify as an advocate for every child you will have…
- Education: Completion of secondary education is required. A university course related to the work of the organization is preferred.
- Experience: A minimum of six years of administrative/operations/program support experience is required. Relevant experience in a UN system agency or organization is considered an asset.
- Language Requirements: Fluency in English and Arabic is required.
- For every Child, you demonstrate…
UNICEF’s Core Values of Care, Respect, Integrity, Trust, Accountability, and Sustainability (CARITAS) underpins everything we do and how we do it. Get acquainted with Our Values Charter: https://uni.cf/UNICEFValues
UNICEF Competencies Required For This Post Are…
Builds and maintains partnerships (1)
Demonstrates self-awareness and ethical awareness (1)
Drive to achieve results for impact (1)
Innovates and embraces change (1)
Manages ambiguity and complexity (1)
During the recruitment process, we test candidates following the competency framework. Familiarize yourself with our competency framework and its different levels: competency framework here.
UNICEF is committed to diversity and inclusion within its workforce, and encourages all candidates, irrespective of gender, nationality, religious and ethnic backgrounds, including persons living with disabilities, to apply to become a part of the organization.
UNICEF has a zero-tolerance policy on conduct that is incompatible with the aims and objectives of the United Nations and UNICEF, including sexual exploitation and abuse, sexual harassment, abuse of authority, and discrimination. UNICEF also adheres to strict child safeguarding principles. All selected candidates will be expected to adhere to these standards and principles and will therefore undergo rigorous reference and background checks. Background checks will include the verification of academic credential(s) and employment history. Selected candidates may be required to provide additional information to conduct a background check.
UNICEF’s active commitment to diversity and inclusion is critical to delivering the best results for children. For this position, eligible and suitable female candidates are encouraged to apply.
Are you interested in salary information for this job? YES/NO