ISPR reports that the crew of a helicopter crashed in Balochistan.

ISPR reports that the crew of a helicopter crashed in Balochistan

  • Wreckage of a missing army helicopter has been discovered near Lasbela.
  • PM called COAS to inquire about the most recent update on the rescue operation.

ISLAMABAD: The wreckage of a Pakistan Army helicopter that went down the previous day in flood-ravaged Balochistan has been discovered, according to the Inter-Services Public Relations (ISPR).

According to the report, a general and five other people on board were martyred.

The plane lost contact with the Balochistan air traffic control tower on Monday evening while flying a relief mission in a flood-ravaged southwest area.

The military’s media wing said on Twitter that “the wreckage of unfortunate heli[copter] which was on flood relief operations was found in Musa Goth, Windar, Lasbela.”

“All six officers and soldiers, including Lt. Gen. Sarfaraz Ali, accepted shahadat [martyrdom],” the statement continued. Lt. Gen. Ali was in charge of the province’s relief efforts.

On board, the ill-fated chopper was Gen. Ali, commander of the Quetta Corps, Brigadier Amjad Hanif, Brigadier Muhammad Khalid, Major Saeed Ahmed, Major Talha Manan, and Naik Mudassar Fayyaz.

The army maintained that the accident had occurred due to bad weather as per initial investigations.


According to the statement, the incident occurred as a result of poor weather, per an initial investigation.

Veteran of military operations carried out during the war on terror, General Sarfaraz received the Tamgha-e-Basalat twice for valour in battle.

His wife, three sons, and three daughters are left behind. The general officer, a native of Lahore, served 33 years in the Pakistan Army before being commissioned into the 6 Azad Kashmir Regiment in March 1989.

Director General of the Pakistan Coast Guard Major General Amjab Hanif is survived by his wife, daughter, and two sons. He was from Rawlakot in AJK, and in April 1994, he received a commission in the 19 Azad Kashmir Regiment. He served in the Pakistan Army for 29 years.

Three daughters and three boys remain behind for Brigadier Muhammad Khalid, who oversaw the engineers for the 12 Corps. He was commissioned in the 20 Engineer Battalion in 1994 and served for 29 years. He hails from Faisalabad.

The unfortunate aircraft’s pilot, Major Saeed, was married and had a son and a daughter. He was a native of Larkana. Major Muhammad Talha Manan, his co-pilot, was married and left behind two sons. Narowal-born Crew Chief Naik Mudassir Fayyaz is survived by his wife.

President calls COAS :

The Chief of Army Staff, General Qamar Javed Bajwa, was called by President Dr Arif Alvi to express his condolences to the Balochistan helicopter incident victims.

President Alvi sent his condolences to the troops’ families and conveyed his profound sadness and grief over the soldiers’ and military authorities’ martyrdom.

The nation’s obedient sons, he said, “we’re working with tremendous fervour, hard labour, and dedication to fulfil their duty and serve the nation, and they accepted martyrdom while working in flood relief in Balochistan.”

During his visit to Gwadar, the president met with Corps Commander Lt. Gen. Sarfaraz Ali and recalled that he thought Sarfaraz was a “very talented, knowledgeable, and devoted commander.” The incident, according to the COAS, was caused by poor weather during the rescue attempts and decreased visibility.

Prime Minister Shehbaz Sharif previously telephoned General Qamar Javed Bajwa, the COAS, to express his concern about the missing chopper.

The aircraft helicopter rescue mission was taking place in Lasbela, Balochistan, and the premier had called the COAS to find out the most recent information.

PM Shehbaz prayed for the safe return of Commander 12 Corps Lieutenant General Sarfaraz Ali, who was in charge of the relief efforts, during his telephone chat with Gen Bajwa.

A “great human being” and an “excellent professional,” according to him, was Lt Gen Ali.

The prime minister had also expressed that the tragedy had severely pained the entire country and that prayers had been made for the return in the safety of the “brave sons of the soil.”

As many as six people may have gone missing after the Army Aviation helicopter lost touch with air traffic control, according to a statement released by the ISPR on Monday (ATC).


Leave a Comment

Your email address will not be published.