- Snapchat users report that they are unable to send snaps
- Downdetector, an outage tracking service, has received complaints from nearly 9,000 users
- App has not formally acknowledged that there are issues.
Snapchat down users report that they are unable to send snaps because the app is down, and many are concerned that they will lose their streaks. Snapstreaks show how many days in a row you have sent a snap to a friend.
Downdetector, an outage tracking service, has received complaints from nearly 9,000 users, with problems appearing to have started around 7 a.m. Here’s what we know right now.
Snapchat has not formally acknowledged that there are issues. However, it is aware that users are unable to send snaps because its Snapchat Support Twitter account has been responding to people.
“Hi! Check to see if we can help. “Send us a DM with some details on what’s happening, and we’ll take it from there,” it said.
Memes about Snapchat’s outage have also spread widely on Twitter and other social media platforms. “Whenever Snapchat goes down, it confirms how much I need it to be social,” one user wrote.
Despite some users’ suggestions to the contrary, the majority of users claim that clearing your cache will not resolve the issue.
Read More : Snap releases a Web version of the Snapchat app
Clear the cache in the Snapchat App by doing the following:
- To access your profile, click on your Bitmoji in the upper left corner.
- In the top right corner, tap the Settings icon.
- Select “Account Actions.”
- Choosing “Clear Cache”
- Select “Clear All Cache” as your action
To keep a snapstreak, both chatters must send a snap within a 24-hour period. If Snapchat’s difficulties prevent you from doing so, you may be able to restore your streak.
Navigate to “Settings” > “I require assistance” > “Get in touch” > I’ve lost my snapstreak, and Snapchat may be able to help you restore your streak.