AIOU Islamabad offers 38 fully funded Ph.D. Scholarships for Leicester University in the United Kingdom (UK)
Pakistani / AJK nationals with an MS/MPhil degree in the relevant discipline are encouraged to apply for the AIOU Professional Development Program (PDP). The AIOU PDP offers scholars the opportunity to pursue a Ph.D. degree (in the following priority areas) from the University of Leicester in the United Kingdom, and upon successful completion, scholars will be appointed to the position of Assistant Professor (BPS-19) at Allama Iqbal Open University.
The AIOU’s PhD scholarship programme is explained in detail below.
Number of Seats and Disciplines
|Number of Seats|
|Faculty of Education||Educational Leadership, Inclusive Education, Mathematics Education, STEM Education, Instructional Design, and Life-long Learning||12
|Faculty of Arabic & Islamic Studies||Islamic Thought, History & Culture, Seerat Studies, Interfaith Studies, and Islamic Economics||10|
|Faculty of Social Sciences & Humanities
|International Trade, Clinical/Applied Psychology, Criminology, Public Policy, Entrepreneurship, Tourism & Hospitality Management, Supply Chain Management, Accountancy, and Economics||10|
|Faculty of Sciences||Artificial Intelligence & Machine Learning, Internet of Things/Cyber Security, Smart Cities, Data Science & Data Analytics, Bio-Statistics, Mathematics, Environmental Design, Renewable Energy, and Hydrogen Energy||6|
Eligibility Criteria for AIOU Ph.D. Scholarship for the United Kingdom
- Pakistani / AJK National having MS/M.Phil degree with a minimum of 3.00/4.00 CGPA / 70% (Semester System) or 60% marks in the Annual system.
- Maximum of two-second divisions and no third division in the entire academic career.
- Age: 30 years Maximum, as of the closing date
- Must have obtained MS/M.Phil Degree on or before the closing date.
- A candidate availing of any other scholarship is not eligible to apply.
- The applicant must fulfill the admission requirements of the University of Leicester in the relevant priority areas.
AIOU Scholarship Shortlisting Criteria
Description Maximum Score Weightage Academic Qualification (as per Academic Evaluation 100 35% Formula) one General As per (Qualifying Score 60%) standard 359, Research Proposal (Qualifying Marks 60%l 50 10% Panel Interview (Qualifying Marks 60%) 60 20%
How to Apply AIOU Scholarship
- Before applying, candidates are required to understand the complete Road Map of PDP available on the AIOU website (aiou.edu.pk)
- Interested people can apply online through AIOU’s job portal on their website (no documents in hard form are needed at this stage).
- Candidates must have valid GRE (General) or HAT results. Note here that HEC will conduct a special HAT on 17 September 2022 at AIOU for those who have not appeared in HAT.
- Applicants must provide valid phone No. & postal address, to avoid defy in correspondence.
- These scholarships are intended/meant for those fresh candidates who have completed MS/MPhil degrees and are aspiring for a foreign Ph.D. degree. However, applicants who are working on a regular or contract basis in Government/Semi-Government and Autonomous Bodies shall submit resign from the previous job, through proper channel application shall not be accepted. vi. Information claimed in the online application form will be treated as final, subsequent claims, earlier not given in the online application form, are considered afterthoughts and an attempt to become eligible. Such subsequent claims shall not be accepted. xi. The AIOU reserves the right to increase/decrease the number of seats, or to reallocate the slots to different faculties as per requirements. viii. Application processing fee @ Rs. 2000- be deposited through Fee Challan generated through AIOU web portal.
Deadline of Aiou Scholarship
The last date to apply online is 12 September 2022.